We have an immediate opening for an experienced Chef/Food and Brew Director who has a passion for craft beer, delivering an exceptional taproom and tasting experience and making sure everyone has a damn good time! This role will support developing a kitchen, menu, staff and service plan to allow for SweetWater to expand its offerings at the brewery. If you are a self-starter, visionary and all around badass then giddy up!
- Develop, support and manage food program in craft brewery setting with awareness around industry and brand.
- Seamlessly execute catering for our in-house event spaces.
- Responsible for the hiring, training and managing of employees in kitchen and front of house departments.
- Oversee menu development and recipes that include a diverse and high-quality selection that is responsive to an evolving customer base.
- Sourcing and purchasing food items with high awareness of freshness and quality.
- Accountable for high standards of sanitation and cleanliness throughout the kitchen and front of house.
- Works closely with other brewery departments such as Tour, Events and Marketing to deliver the highest level of communication and strategic growth.
- Development of the annual food and beverage budget/plan.
- Implements and maintains par-stock levels on food inventory.
- Maintains ordering and receiving program to ensure proper quality and price on all purchases.
- Responsible for sales, expenses, and profit goals as outlined in the food and beverage operating budget/ annual plan.
- Supports SweetWater accounting team per DOR regulations.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and act upon statistical information and data. This includes daily sales, labor costs, food cost, profit margins, inventory controls and food & beverage purchasing protocols.
- Must be able to drive sales with direct, daily interaction with the bar operations manager, event sales department and all brewery front of house staff.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Must be able to type and write professionally and proficiently.
- Excellent time management, organizational and leadership skills.
- Culinary degree preferred
- 2+ years working in event catering, banquets and/or group sales
- 3+years Food and Beverage management experience
- Cicerone certification a plus
- Experience with opening restaurants a plus
SweetWater Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer