SweetWater Field Marketing Manager – Georgia
SweetWater has been preaching the mindset “Don’t Float the Mainstream” since we began in 1997, and this critical new hire will be responsible for driving the growth of the SweetWater’s brands in Georgia through regional marketing activities that will bring our message, brand, and lifestyle to the market. You will deliver the localized marketing agenda and plans to the specified region and report to the VP of Marketing. The position will be responsible for managing and executing the marketing strategy, relevant and identified marketing activities, programs, budgets, plans and teams for key existing and new markets in seamless coordination with SweetWater’s Marketing and Sales teams as well as our Wholesaler partners.
This position will be brewery based, and include travel as needed throughout Georgia, with emphasis on our distributor’s office/warehouse locations and where business dictates.
- Implement and execute the regional/localized marketing plan for GA that delivers sales increases and creates buzz, awareness and activating in these markets. Customize it to meet the needs of specific key markets, distributors, retailers, and consumers. Plan should include:
- Drive the Field Marketing operations plan and system for optimal planning, processes, communications, and ways of working across functions and in the marketplace
- Strategic planning and activation of local events, education, and engagement for our customers that align with the sales goals and identity of our brand. Integrate social media, sponsorship support and community partnership identification.
- Deliver and activate on-brand, on-strategy national and local plans/programming that increases sales, connects with the target consumer, gets customers aligned and supportive
- Bring the brand to life at the market level and proactively uncover local opportunities
- Activation against new brands and packaging innovations.
- Field Marketing
- Act as conduit between marketing and sales at the market level, with an understanding of both sides of the business; drive seamless coordination where brand, sales, and wholesalers come together in the market
- Managing SweetWater brand ambassdors to support events, festivals, and promotions
- Coordinating usage of SweetWater teams to effectively manage and execute against objectives, activities, and markets as required to drive the business in the region
- Tracking and managing KPI’s to measure performance by market
- Provide Market and local activation perspective for annual and periodic planning
- Take brand plans/initiatives from HQ to the market and delivering the agenda to local sales and wholesaler teams
- Drive regional planning where brand, sales, and wholesalers come together to achieve goals/objectives at the market level
- Education specific to SweetWater, marketing, and the craft beer industry
- Fully understand the brand, consumers, market trends and our overall business, as well as our marketing strategy and agenda.
- Establish, develop, and nurture long term relationships in the marketplace and with key partners
- Budget management
- Develop, manage, and execute against annual marketing budget in the region and markets; deliver results within approved budget.
- Build and manage effective budgets and line items with wholesalers as determined by marketing and sales team responsible for GA
- Forecast ROI for significant events and activities, and review actual results against budgeted expectations.
- Identify opportunities for cost control and cost reduction as needed
- Representing the region, drive cross function conversation and communication to align plans, strategies, needs, and best practices through open conversation, recaps, and reporting while maintaining relationships with our wholesale, retail, and customer base.
- Be the eyes and ears for the organization and brand in the marketplace
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to communicate and present effectively, and project a professional image. Ability to prepare concise action plans and presentations.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Social Media experience with a focus on content creation and event promotion
- Events management and execution
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in a marketing or business-related field preferred.
- Four to Seven years working experience in marketing and/or sales in the beverage industry. Strongly prefer experience in marketing, or in sales role with a strong understanding of marketing/activation.
- Strongly prefer experience in beverage industry and working with distributors. Experience in beer industry with fast growing brands is a plus.
- Regional travel required, with understanding that nights and weekend work are required as part of the job as needed
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint