We are looking for some crazy energetic individuals to help run our high paced retail merchandise store at SweetWater Brewing Company. This lucky person will be expected to retain large amounts of brew, brand, and mission knowledge while slinging the most unique brewery merchandise in the industry. The SweetWater Experience is what sets our brewery apart.
As Gear Shop Staff at SweetWater’s brewery store, this individual will be the main point of contact for all things SweetWater, but his or her main expertise will be the merchandise offerings of the shop. This lucky person will also ensure the smooth flow of retail merchandise operations and customer service before, during, and after daily shifts.
Our guests come first!: Welcome to the party!
- Serve as retail merchandise point of contact during store hours providing the ultimate SweetWater guest experience
- Serve as a point of contact for all brewery guests for any general questions, concerns, or needs. Maintain a service culture where the SweetWater guest is of utmost importance.
- Knowledge of all SweetWater merchandise brands and offerings as well as all merchandise operations including, but not limited to, stocking and inventory management, merchandise programs and sales/discounts, and customer service expectations
- Operation of registers and Point of Sale system including opening/closing functions and money handling
- Act as a brand representative of SweetWater Brewery and be able to retain large amounts of information regarding brewery history, brewery functions, brands, beer styles, and brand mission. Provide this information to guests to complete onsite guest experience.
- Attend and retain merchandise related training in customer interaction, visual merchandise expectations, etc. Attend and graduate “beer school” with taproom manager.
- Present a professional yet fun appearance that includes elements of/items with SweetWater branding.
- Two year college or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Experience in customer service preferred.
- Experience in retail preferred
- Skills in public speaking, multitasking, and organizational skills at a professional level.
IV. Schedule & Compensation:
- Part Time, Hourly Position
- Direct Report: Retail Store Manager
- Minimal availability requirement: 15 hours (two weekday shifts, at least one weekend shift)
- Weekend and evening work required.
Retail Staff Rate – $10.75/hr
Every NEW HIRE will attend three (3) training sessions (SweetWater Culture, Beer and Brewing, Retail Specific) and have one (1) shadow shift
Festivals and Brewery wide events: SweetWater is involved in several festival and large-scale events during the course of a year. Working these festivals in a retail merchandise capacity is required for Retail Staff.