Taproom Operations Manager
The SweetWater taproom manager is responsible for the day-to-day management and execution of all tour, bar and consumer experience operations related to the brewery’s front of house business including the main tasting room facilities, as well as the new Woodlands Project facility. This position reports to the Director of Brand Experience and works closely with marketing, events, and the production staff to deliver the SweetWater Brand experience through promotion of market initiatives, highlighting brewery amenities, and the highlight of current brews and innovation. Along with the Tap Room Assistant(s), the chosen applicant will focus on the maintenance of the tasting room facilities including the Woodlands. This position leads the tour experience in all facilities for the public, private, and corporate events. Tours educate patrons on the brewing and packaging process, the variety of quality products our brewery produces, and on the SweetWater culture in general. This role will lead and enforce the above message and agenda.
The Tap Room Manager will also supervise staff working in the tap room, manage and coordinate inventory with brewery production workers, execute a variety of events throughout the year, and assist in the strategic planning and budgeting for all main tasting room and Woodlands facilities.
- Bar Service, and Taproom Experience (50%)
- Marketing and promotion (25%)
- Employee and Tour Management (25%)
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Bar Service, tour, and Taproom Experience (50%)
- General maintenance of taproom facilities including scheduled tap/line cleanings, keg and package stocking, cellar inventory, menu boards, and general high regard for space cleanliness and visual merchandising initiatives
- Weekly maintenance walkthrough of all Taproom facilities to identify any issues. Maintain a clean and welcoming atmosphere
- Primary contact for booking and creating cask making experiences/private tours, VIP groups, and general comp requests
- Point for guest issue reconciliation
- Act as lead on maintenance and inventory management of all field draft equipment including jockey boxes, CO2 tanks, and in house draft vehicles.
- Push for an ever evolving processes
- Weekly reporting: Beer usage and inventory, Traffic/revenue, labor, Comps, Weekly observations
- Supply ordering, all facilities
- Partner with production and QA team to ensure quality and inventory of beer in all facilities for all events
Marketing and Promotion (25%)
- External SweetWater event support including, but not limited to SweetWater 420Fest.
- Primary on site point of contact for all vendors including bands, food trucks, party activations, etc.
- Execute new SweetWater experience ideas that will continue to drive awareness and sales at the brewery
- Execution and assistance of planning of SweetWater Brewery facility events
- Weekly communication to Marketing – Hatchery, Woodlands, and new style updates
- Strategic Tap Room planning and organization- including inventory, sales and budgeting plans
- Keeping the Taproom top of mind with internal marketing team to consistently promote tour activationsEmployee and Tour Management (25%)
- Create unique SweetWater Taproom and tour experience through Chartered Tour Program, and Woodlands Tour Program – fun, energetic, and service driven culture
- Lead tour experience with history, culture, and brew knowledge front of mind
- Hiring and management of all tiers of tour staff
- Scheduling and supervising Taproom staff; Bar, tour guides, merchandise store, with focus on staff efficiency and optimal Brewery Experience
- Staff Taproom Operation and education training including
- Taproom opening and closing procedures, emphasis on efficiency and accuracy
- Brewery history, Culture, Beer, and facility tours
- Consistent Innovative mindset with focus on tour evolution and brand awareness
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with employees and the public.
- Lead scheduler for all private groups
- Administrative work including weekly scheduling, payroll management, department audits, and supply procurement (i.e. tour glass, general taproom supplies)
- 3-5 year’s (Craft Taproom, restaurant, hospitality) management experience
- Proven success in food and beverage industry
- Analytical requirements – Customer service skills, and problem resolution
- Strong leadership, sound judgement and forward thinking decision making
- Management experience in fast-paced and high volume work environment, ability to multi task, ability to remain flexible
Schedule & Compensation:
- Full Time, Salary
- Direct Report: Director of Brand Experience
- Weekend and evening work expected
- Competitive benefits package
SweetWater Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer