Job Title: Brewer
Hours: 1st and 2nd and 3rd shift
Term of Position: Full time, hourly
Hey, you! Do you have a passion for craft beer? Do you have a creative mind and like to be involved in making something special?? Is heady brew at the top of that list? Then you have come to the right place!! We are looking for our next mad scientist to assist us in putting out the best craft beer in the nation. If this is you, hit us up!
Perform daily functions of the brew house and finishing operations.
- Wort production / brew house operations
- Brew house CIP processes
- All finishing operations
- Maintain exceptionally clean work area
- Follow all safety, quality, and company procedures
- Communicate any maintenance or other needs of the operation to maximize and maintain optimum standards
Knowledge and Skill:
- Ability to work with little supervision required
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required
- Interpersonal and motivational skills required
- Strong candidates will have a background in brewing science or related field
- Past practical brewery experience preferred
- Position requires good time management
- Must be able to multi-task and stay focused on objectives
- Need to be able to lift 50 lbs. throughout the shift
- Lifting hoses, pumps, buckets of liquid, hops and malt are daily requirements of the position
- Use of an extension ladder is required to clean tanks, equipment, etc.
Decision Making/ Responsibilities:
- Must be able to make decisions regarding processing of wort and beer to protect the quality of the product
- Should ask Head Brewer, Cellar Manager, or Brewmaster for direction when needed.
- Reports to the Head Brewer/Cellar Manager
Relationships and Work Environment:
- The work environment is a self-managed position with daily direction and communication with the Head Brewer and Cellar Manager
- Good interaction and communication with staff should happen daily.
*Applicants must provide a cover letter*
SweetWater Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer