As the Demand Planner, you will develop high quality volume and revenue forecasts that incorporate historical data, business insight, and cross-functional inputs in order to elevate SweetWater’s ability to provide the freshest beer to our consumers. Your forecasts will span a broad range of SKUs and Customers, with the goal of enabling product availability in the market, optimizing inventory levels at our distributors, and keeping operations silky smooth at home base. This position will be based in Atlanta, GA and report directly to SweetWater’s head of Operations.
- Manage all inputs and outputs of a rolling 24-month depletions forecast including statistical modeling, historical analysis, and customer and brand information
- Manage all inputs and outputs of a short-term weekly shipments forecast in collaboration with Order Analyst to manage distributor inventory levels and maintain quality standards
- Identify and analyze trends between brewery shipments data, distributor depletion data, and inventory levels
- Provide consistent analysis of the forecast accuracy (FA%, Bias%) evolution including leading root cause analysis and performance problem solving. Research and provide analysis at SKU and Customer level
- Own and facilitate monthly S&OP forecast consensus process and forecast improvement activities across Sales, Marketing, Operations, Production, and Finance.
- Analyze and report on variances to established targets, including forecast, budget, and prior year. Provide reporting packages, KPIs, variance commentary, and identify risks/opportunities as needed.
- Provide analytical support across the organization on key demand events, such as new product/market launches, promotions and events, SKU rationalization, revenue management, and scenario modeling
- Lead the continuous improvement and maintenance of forecast models, data sources, and related software
- Support the Operations team in inventory optimization and material requirements planning
- Support the Sales and Finance team with the annual volume call and revenue budget process
- An independent self-starter, who’s eager to set ambitious goals and roll up your sleeves to accomplish them
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; able to prioritize while not letting anything drop
- Comfortable with ambiguity, making decisions, and moving forward despite uncertainty
- Scrappy, able to change course, and get things done within short timeframes
- A clear communicator and able to collaborate across all levels of the organization
- Able to plan and organize a complex task or project from start to finish
- 3-5 years’ experience in Demand Planning, Supply Planning, or Forecasting. CPG or Food/Beverage experience a plus.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Business, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- Microsoft suite applications with emphasis in Excel (advanced – complex formulas, pivots, data cleansing)
- Strong mathematical aptitude and excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong collaboration and influence management skills
- Detailed knowledge of ERP systems or planning software, data mining and modeling methods
- Experience with or knowledge of VIP, IRI, or other external customer data sources a plus
- Experience with S&OP processes and supply chain planning a plus
- Experience with data warehousing, forecasting applications, or demand planning software a plus.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with matching
- Paid time off
- Monthly beer allotment
- Discounts on SweetWater merchandise and food at our new Taproom