Lead an effective and well-prepared kitchen into and throughout service. Provide a professional and non-hostile work environment for all employees and promote growth across kitchen personnel through on-the-spot coaching and clear objectives within individual roles. Ensure preparation, execution, and presentation of food recipes meet the standards of the chef and our brand, and food is prepared and delivered in a consistent manner. Maintain a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen through a set of standards that meet the requirements of local governing institutions and house procedures. Keep up with industry practitioners and participate in menu development with the common goal of creating a menu of beer-driven fare.
- Assist Chef with day-to-day operations, including sanitation and kitchen equipment maintenance.
- Assist with production list for all positions prior to their arrival and hold them responsible for the completion of those lists
- Ensure all stations are fully stocked before, during and after a shift, setting up the next shift for success
- Check work stations periodically throughout a shift to makes sure staff is complaint with health and safety protocols
- Verify kitchen staff follows all recipes and practices portion control standards set by the chef
- Place food and supply orders in a timely manor; communicate any shortages to supervisor when applicable
- Practice proper receiving protocols to ensure product freshness, quality, quantity and price; make sure product invoices are received by office management
- Assist in the hiring, training and discipline of all kitchen personnel
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of kitchen employee files: ensure new hire paperwork is complete with office management prior to start-date, document any disciplinary action and keep in employee?s file, etc.
- Participate in management dialogue through meetings and emails; assume full leadership duties for the department in the absence of the Chef
- Manage staffing pars throughout a shift based on volume of business; control labor with an awareness of overtime
- Control food costs by monitoring portion control, pilferage and waste through effective ordering practices and physical counts
- Help manage inventory needs and teach the team the importance of it
- Develop and maintain great relationships with local farmers, chefs and restaurants.
- Weekly meeting with the event team and FOH staff to ensure we have great communication
- 5 years experience in high volume restaurant
- Knowledge of food costing
- Reliable, flexible and the ability to multi-task