The Sales and Operations (S&OP) Manager will lead our company-wide initiative to create and then execute a formal sales and operations planning process. This process will be aimed at developing high quality sales volume forecasts that incorporate historical data, business insight, and cross-functional inputs. SweetWater will then use these forecasts to improve product availability, optimize inventory levels throughout our supply chain, and improve efficiencies within our internal operations. The S&OP Manager is responsible for ensuring that forecasts and the surrounding S&OP process overall enables stakeholders to deliver on these companywide directives. Additionally, they will provide regular presentations to senior leadership ensuring cross-departmental alignment. This position will be based in Atlanta, GA and will report to SweetWater’s Director of Operations, with a dotted line to the VP of Sales.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The S&OP Manager will be the subject matter expert in demand planning and will be tasked with building a process from the ground up that enables them to effectively collect necessary plan inputs. They will maintain and will be held accountable for the accuracy of these plans and must be able to communicate them regularly to various departments and senior management. Their role’s responsibilities can be broadly grouped into three main areas:
- Gathering Data
- Regularly engage with individual sales team members for commercial insight.
- Collaborate with Sales/Marketing to ensure promotions and ad activity are properly accounted for.
- Be involved in new product discussions regarding initial product launch plans and availability.
- Be involved in overall strategy discussion regarding portfolio or product availability changes.
- Document assumptions, promotions, and adjustments to forecasts using Sales/Marketing input.
- Assist with the coordination, facilitation, and documentation of regularly scheduled planning meetings.
- Creating and Maintaining Forecasts
- Aggregate data collected in a standardized and consistent manner.
- Maintain the aggregated data as a total company 12-month rolling forecast.
- Forecast should be updated monthly.
- Archive final adjusted and unadjusted statistical forecasts.
- Review the forecast demand versus actual demand, understanding changes and trends.
- Measure and improve forecast accuracy through clearly defined metrics.
- Develop capacity simulation processes to run sensitivity analysis for future sale fluctuations
- Communicating Forecast Information
- Regularly communicate forecasts to all company stakeholders
- Ensure cross-functional departmental awareness of major forecast changes.
- Assist with the coordination, facilitation, and documentation of monthly planning meetings
- Lead additional monthly meeting updating senior management on company-wide performance.
- Assist in the resolution of key supply-demand gaps or shortfalls.
- Create and drive continuous improvement of S&OP processes.
- An independent self-starter, who’s eager to set ambitious goals and roll up their sleeves to accomplish them.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; able to prioritize while not letting anything drop.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, making decisions, and moving forward despite uncertainty.
- Scrappy, able to change course, and get things done within short timeframes.
- A clear communicator and able to collaborate across all levels of the organization.
- Able to plan and organize a complex task or project from start to finish.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Demand/Supply Planning. CPG or Food/Beverage experience a plus.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Business, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field.
- Microsoft suite applications with emphasis in Excel (advanced – complex formulas, pivots, data cleansing).
- Strong mathematical aptitude and excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong collaboration and influence management skills.
- Detailed knowledge of ERP systems or planning software, data mining and modeling methods.
- Experience with or knowledge of VIP, IRI, or other external customer data sources a plus.
- Experience with S&OP processes and supply chain planning a plus.
- Experience with data warehousing, forecasting applications, or demand planning software a plus.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with matching
- Paid time off
- Monthly beer allotment
- Discounts on SweetWater merchandise and food in our Taproom